Chef: Shukrieh Raad
Born in Kabul, Afghanistan, Shukrieh Raad currently works for Voice of America.
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 bunch leeks or spring onions, washed and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Wash potatoes and boil them until they are soft. Drain.
- Peel and mash the potatoes, add the leeks or spring onions, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and one spoonful of vegetable oil.
- When it is mixed, place 2 teaspoons of the filling in each egg roll wrapper, moisten the edge with water and fold closed, to create a rectangle.
- Use a large frying pan and two tablespoons of oil to fry each Boulanee until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm.